55497Re: The good side of auction sites

  • Randy Brown
    Feb 1 1:53 PM
      Hi Dave,
      All that you have said is true.
      I'm reading Rio Grande to the Pacific to see where exactly I want to
      model or I might do a "What if".

      I have always loved the scenery of Colorado.
      So much different from the High Desert of California.

      My decision to sell the GP35 is purely financial.
      I'll reinvest the monies I get from it into a D&RGW GP9.

      See ya,

      Randy Brown
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Randy-Brown

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "pinekirk" <pinekirk@...> wrote:

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Brown" <asmtrains@> wrote:
      > >
      > > As far as my Z Scale modeling, I have decided to change from SF
      > > D&RGW (I want to run my models through canyons with pine trees).
      > > I actually made this decision a month ago and magically MTL now
      has
      > > GP9s in D&RGW. There is a Z Scale god.
      > >
      > > I have placed my SF GP-35 on eBay in case anyone is interested.
      > > Randy Brown
      > >

      > you know, Randy, both ATSF and Rio Grande were the dominant
      presence
      > in Colorado. so you could keep your Santa Fe and still run Rio
      > Grande especially from Denver south to Pueblo (and on into New
      > Mexico). this was called the "joint line" and both railroads
      shared
      > each others trackage. They ran their freights in one direction on
      > ATSF trackage, and the other way on D&RGW trackage. the
      arrangement
      > still applies today with the UP and BNSF. now the same wasn't
      true
      > for the mainline and tunnel district WEST of Denver, but Colorado
      has
      > plenty of scenery everywhere along the joint line (with an
      abundance
      > of rock and trees) so you could have your Santa Fe/Rio Grande cake
      > and eat it too.
      >
      > fyi.
      > dave f.

    • Show all 41 messages in this topic