5541Re: P.S.....

  • stamperdream@yahoo.ca
    Aug 2, 2001
      Hi Rob,

      I may stand corrected. I was quoting the PDF file preamble. You
      may recall that Helmut Paule ran his full 6-car ICE over the Val
      Ease Central at NTS2001. I can attest to the fact that the curves
      on the outside main line are 195mm minimum, not 145mm
      which can be found on the inside main line.

      The ICE is a 2001 release so the "All Märklin equipment will
      negotiate the minimum radius curve #8510" assertion no longer
      applies.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey

      --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
      > Jeffrey,
      >
      > Minor correction:
      >
      > Marklin claims the ICE 3 models need a minimum of 195 mm
      radius track. See:

      http://www.marklin.de/produkte/produkte_cdrom/index.php?page
      =detail&nr=88712

      > Now, if it will actually work on 145 mm is another question. I
      don't have
      > any 145 mm track, so I can not confirm.
      >
      > Best,
      > -Rob