55131Re: Ztrack, Plans for 2008

  • Jeff BAZ-man
    Jan 1, 2008
      I look forward to seeing other modules and layouts as many are not up
      on the web for others to see. Hopefully, nice quality images along
      with a track plan overview and a website link for further
      exploration. So many module pix have terrible lighting, gigantic
      overviews that don't show detail or select areas and often are poorly
      focused or use a flash to was out nearly everthing. This is going to
      be great to see other's ideas, especially the European ones as we
      only get periodic glimpses from posting.

      I agree with you about the forums. Many don't know about them or,
      prefer not to participate in them. I'm still looking for a good list
      of websites and references for Z scale to hand out at shows.

      I'm guilty about not submitting how-to's. This year was tight with
      double moves and a massive relayment of track on my Wye module. Now
      back to the detail work on a new work bench with camera on a goose
      neck so I can snap pictures without the excuse.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z
      "The BAZ BoyZ"

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Browning" <thomascb2004@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > > Micro-Trains track, flex track and even module configurations.
      > Ztrack is also looking to
      > > add a column for someone who can help us create track plans,
      > associated art
      > > and graphics as well as conceptual plans. If you are interested,
      > please contact
      > > us off-line.
      > >
      > > The second area we would like to focus on is module clubs and
      > modules. We
      > > would like to see at least one article in every issue of Ztrack
      > dedicated to
      > > modules. This would include club news and a featured module of
      the
      > issue. I think
      > > modules are one of the most exciting aspects of Z today. I think
      it
      > is
      > > important we share the work of module builders with the Z
      > community. The
      > > November/December 2007 issue of Ztrack will feature Robert Ray's
      > Time Saver Module. We
      > > hope this article will be a kick off to regular module features.
      > >
      > > The third area is increased coverage of European Z layouts. About
      > 40% of our
      > > readers are interested in European prototypes. We need to
      increase
      > our
      > > coverage of these areas. Finally, we are looking for more how-to
      > and instructional
      > > articles.
      > >
      > > We see so much amazing work being done on the forums, that it is
      > amazing. I
      > > do hope and encourage those doing this work to submit articles to
      > Ztrack. A
      > > large portion of our readers do not follow the forums and we
      would
      > love to share
      > > your creations with our complete readership.
      > >
      > > Ztrack is also working to increase our page count and content.
      > Deane Shepard
      > > is working extremely hard to bring in new advertisers, which will
      > allow Ztrack
      > > to grow and increase our content. This is not necessarily an easy
      > task, but
      > > Deane is already doing an exceptional job. Thank you Deane!
      > >
      > > The last area I want to talk about is the web. John Cubbin has
      > created two
      > > outstanding websites for us. Ztrack.com is a beautiful site that
      > promotes Ztrack
      > > incredibly well. We are planning to increase content on the site.
      > John has
      > > visions of creating an HTML newsletter and we will be working on
      > that in the new
      > > year.
      > >
      > > Ztrack Center is our new retail web site. Look for new products
      > appear in
      > > 2008. Ztrack is in the process of bringing in two new lines from
      > Germany,
      > > which will add almost 200 more products to the site. Thank you
      John