5494RE: [z_scale] Perceptions, perceptions! Size does matter...

  • Robert Allbritton
    Jul 31, 2001

      1. refer to the Val Ease Central Railroad as an integrated or
      modular "suitcase" layout, and
      2. spell my name correctly, i.e. Jeffrey

      1) Fair enough! Besides, I'm just envious of your ability to pack up so
      quickly! <grin> Seriously, people see what they want, and that's too bad. To
      me, a layout is a layout. To the public who went to NTS, I had to keep
      answering over, and over, and over again the same question: "Where is the
      guy with the little trains in a briefcase who won best in show?" Next
      challenge? Let them know it is not a briefcase. I stand corrected, and I
      will pass on your correction every chance that I get.
      2) I blame Bill Gates. My misspelling of your name passed his company's
      spell checker with flying colours. I was never a superior speller, and I
      still do not possess those skills; thus I rely on Mr. Gate's spell checker.
      I know that it is a foolish thing to do, but I must admit it is superior to
      my own abilities, which isn't saying much. David George made a comment on my
      penmanship at NTS, and again, I blame Bill Gates. Keyboards make perfect
      letters every time; so long as you press the correct keys, in the correct
      order, which I failed to do with your name. Besides, with a last name like
      Allbritton, you would think that I would be more sensitive towards the

      PS: I stood there while they were judging your layout. It is not possible to
      pull the wool over the eyes of the NMRA judges. They were very tough, and I
      can say that Z scale had nothing to do with it.