53892Re: Gotthard Pass- December Model Railroader

  • Don Avila
    Oct 1, 2007

      > Dom,
      > That is a great idea about featuring Jeffrey's and Jim's layouts.
      Both are
      > worthy entrants.
      > I'll go put a bug in Jim's ear to submit his pictures and script to
      MRR.
      > But I hear they are kind of fussy about submissions for publication.
      >
      > Any hints for Jim?
      >
      > Loren

      This is not quite the first big article. In 1986 they ran a series of
      articles over a four month period. That layout was "long lost" and
      surfaced last year. It was offered for sale both on several forums and
      in ZTRACK. Recently a museum purchased it and has been soliciting
      donations.

      FWIW both Neil Besougloff and Andy Sperandeo, the two main editors of
      MODEL RAILROADER spent about 20 minutes with Dave George's [a.k.a. Mr.
      Dave] layout at the 2007 Detroit NMRA / NTS. They discussed in detail
      what they would like in order to get a story into print. Dave will be
      getting photos taken this fall using Andy's and Neil's suggestions.
      Andy and Neil also opened the door for us and offered to help us to
      make the story more likely to make it to print. It won't be "next
      month", but I think there is a good chance it will make it to print.

      ...don
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic