52764RE: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Production Numbers

  • Mike D.
    Jun 3, 2007
      Say It Ain't So, Don...

      MTL is operated by two women? Well that explains that.

      My dealer called them in inquire about a car for me and something called
      'runner set's #4 and #5 it think it was, the woman who answered the phone
      not knowing she was on speaker phone didn't just get nasty real quick, she
      got ultra-NASTY. Now my dealer (who looks exactly like Wolfman Jack did)
      looked at me with the widest eyes I've ever seen on a Human in all my life.
      No no receptionist in the world would dare to speak to a customer like that
      for fear of her job, so it had to be one of these women.

      I'm not taking anything away from women in business I hope all will
      understand. But from this attitude it's clearly evident nothing will change
      and those personnel at MTL must have their hands full in dealing with that
      kind of mentality. They must of had to walk to school (uphill, both ways).

      Karin, I sure hope your assessment is right, for them to not take advantage
      while they 'Owned' the market and had the chance to establish themselves as
      the leader. To just give the opportunity away, well that just seems to be
      the American way these days. I realize all to well that if it was easy then
      boy scouts and girl scouts would be doing it. Whats going on here is just a
      shame, a plain ole shame.

      /s/ Not Really a GOT TO HAVE IT NOW, disgruntled, Hurting the Hobby, MTL
      fan.

      >From: "Karin Svenson" <karin@...>
      >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Production Numbers
      >Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 23:21:27 -0000
      >
      >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Don Avila" <d.f.avila@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > We can talk to ourselves until we are blue in the face.
      > >
      > > It is the two sisters at MTL that have to be convinces there is
      >money
      > > in Z.
      >
      >Don, just don't turn into one of those "Blue Guys" that play with
      >plastic pipe!
      >
      >My 2 bits worth is this... if MTL's leadership doesn't step up to the
      >plate and if AZL remains too expensive for many then I hope Athearn,
      >Atlas, Bachmann, or similar companies to put their toes in the
      >water. Remember, they didn't go into N scale right away and now you
      >can get some very nice prototypical motive power and rolling stock in
      >just about all of the major road names, even in Alaska! Granted some
      >are cheaper than others but they offer affordable high end N scale.
      >Competition is what gets us more, and better, in every product known
      >to man. I'm glad old man Henry Ford wasn't the only producer of
      >automobiles, who knows what few styles and low efficieny cars we'd be
      >driving now.
      >
      >I cannot believe that these other companies are not rubbing their
      >chins as they contemplate the Z scale market. They have to be at
      >least THINKING about it, no?
      >
      >Karin

      Live Hotmail.