52760RE: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Production Numbers

  • Mike D.
    Jun 3, 2007
      Uwe I have never seen a response so eloquently worded, you are truly the
      politician! I vote for you for Mayor of Zville, will someone second the
      nomination? I�ve never seen such a swift �reverse 180� are you into racing
      too?

      In regards to second runs being cheaper for MTL to do that�s simply
      ridiculous even with existing molds, labor has gone up and so is every other
      aspect of manufacturing. Tooling could have even changed requiring mold
      modifications or complete rework of the molds/new molds altogether. So no it
      won�t be cheaper even with the very same production house.

      Another question that comes to mind, why are they beating to death the same
      old lines? Why aren�t they doing anything in the Fallen Flags lines? Those
      lines are still being modeled in fairly large numbers and most of the stuff
      is coming from the cottage industry side of MRR, thank the almighty for
      those guy�s if it weren�t for them we�d all be running BNSF, CSX, UP, and
      SP.

      Just take a look at what Chad did recently, with only some help from Uncle
      Will, he brought in the Bill K. car, On Time, At Cost. He didn�t sit in a
      conference room bickering with the N Scale team and he didn�t have to
      connive management for a budget, AND he didn�t leave a Single modeler
      hanging in the lurch.

      All this makes one Really Appreciate all the efforts of Robert, Tim, Rob,
      Loren, Uncle Will, Trainnut and now Chad. Thanks Guys you are truly the
      Gucci�s and Armani�s of small scale model railroading today!

      Aaron, I can always expect to see some responsible and pertinent to the
      subject at hand when I read your posts. Hopefully someone at MTL will take
      heed of your suggestion?

      To take that a step further they should also have regional reps to include
      Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Norway and Denmark or at the very least an
      order/pre-order form on the MTL website where they could then offer the reps
      exclusive access to projected sales in their areas. MTL should also come to
      terms with the fact that they aren�t a little company any more. Trust me
      there is nothing sitting on the shelves of my LHS for more than a day or two
      excepting the standard stock of Micro-Track. If I�m not there by Friday of
      the week it�s released, well shame on me.

      Right now they are the largest supplier of mass produced Z scale items, this
      won�t always be the case. Other manufacturers are bound to see the revenue
      potential and squeeze their way in as well. The stunt with the N Scale Pan
      Am car won you more than a few disgruntled fans (not the best marketing
      approach ever deployed). Also why didn�t we even see this car in Z scale?
      Hmmm?

      /s/ Another HAVE TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW, hurting the Hobby, Z Scale enthusiast