52370RE: [Z_Scale] Re: Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07

  • Elizabeth Hayes
    May 5, 2007
      In case it hasn`t occured to anyone, you can donate money in Bill`s name to
      the American Cancer Society at any time without buying a car or two cars or
      however many or you can do both send $30 for a car and another $30
      directly to your local office of the ACS in Bill`s name.

      >From: "Dave Hjortnaes" <dlhort1955@...>
      >To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Bill's Commemorative Car Update 5/3/07
      >Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 03:19:53 -0000
      >
      >The original intent was to give all funds raised directly to Sue,
      >and allow her to decide where it should go - NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
      >I think this idea should be followed through.
      >
      >Every week or 2 weeks, give her whatever funds have been received.
      >I am sure she is mature enough to make an intelligent decision, and
      >would defer to her children if she has any doubts.
      >
      >Secondly, I am sure the sale has gone slow because a lot of people
      >do not know about the car. Once Rob, thank you Rob, has a notice in
      >Z-track, I am sure things will pick up.
      >
      >Thanks again to everyone who has put forth effort to make this
      >commemorative car a gift of love in Bill's honor.
      >
      >Dave H.
      >

      >--- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Chadrick Morris <chadztrainz@...>
      >wrote:
      > >

      > > Hello All,
      > >
      > > I am please to report the donated plastic boxes have arrived to
      >Houston. All the materials are ready and the cars will start to be
      >mailed out this weekend. Please be a little more patient and the
      >orders will go out soon. I stopped cashing the checks until the
      >plastic boxes arrived. The checks will be cashed this week. There
      >are close to 36 orders so far. Rob Kluz has ordered one and will
      >use it for a ad in the Z Track Magazine.
      > >
      > > A question to all of you. I visited with Sue Kronenberger last
      >week and told her of the money already received from the sale of
      >Bill's car and told her the total amount. Sue wanted me to ask all
      >of you this. Sue would like to donate the money to the American
      >Cancer Society in Bill's name and wants your opinion, agree or
      >disagree? Let me know how you feel. So far with 36 orders there is
      >$1,080.00.
      > >
      > > For anyone new: Bill Kronenberger one of the founding Father's
      >of Z-Bend Track Standard for modules in Z scale. Bill wrote the
      >standards and developed the wiring harnesses for the modules. In
      >his dedication to the hobby of model railroading in Z scale, we have
      >a commemorative car available in his honor. The car is a two bay
      >open hopper from Uncle Will Full Throttle. The coal load from Hay
      >Brothers. The lettering on the cars by a local train club member
      >with Bill K. 2007 on one side. Z-Bend Track on the other side of
      >each car. Wheel sets from Micro-Trains. Plastic boxes from
      >PennZee. The cars are ready for shipment and cost $30.00 which
      >includes shipping and handling. If interested in a car, please send
      >a check or money order to the below address to Chad Bryan. Thank
      >you. Please read the excellent articles in the Z Track Magazines
      >about Bill Kronenberger.
      > >
      > > Also, with my own personal money, no money from Bill's car. I
      >have purchased most of the Z-Bend Track wiring harness material from
> [...]

      Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more.� Visit MSN In
      Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic