51937Re: April Micro-Trains releases up

  • Joe DAmato
    Apr 2, 2007
      Russ,

      The GP9 should be in the same range as the GP-35...all of our costs
      are the same this go around. I'm hoping the SD40-2 will come in just
      a little bit higher, not much. We are able to use a number of
      components from the GP's and that helps some.

      Cheers

      Joe
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...>
      wrote:

      > By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I
      lust after it each
      > time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just
      sitting there waiting for me
      > to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in
      quite a bit lower -- that
      > was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message --
      more affordable for
      > me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD
      product is fabulous but
      > just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm
      holding out for that
      > MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the
      GP35 price points.

      > Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought
      we'd have so many!
      > The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must
      find new job and make
      > more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy
      to do in this new Z-scale
      > world we live in....
      >

      > Russ Meier
      > Milwaukee, WI
      > MILW, UP, and CP in Z
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@>
      wrote:

      > > Vincent:
      > >
      > > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited,
      awestruck that FINALLY an
      > > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so
      overcome I fell right over....
      > just
      > > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small
      heart-attack. Asked me
      > > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
      > >
      > > Russ Meier
      > > Milwaukee, WI
      > > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN
      engine to compete with my
      > > CP).
      > >

      > > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
      > > >
      > > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN
      GP9,
      > > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is
      > > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being
      released
      > > > at the same time, right?
      > > >
      > > > Right...?
      > > >

      > > > CBVG