51934Re: April Micro-Trains releases up

  • Russ Meier
    Apr 2, 2007
      By the way -- I know very well that AZL makes a GORGEOUS CN SD. I lust after it each
      time I see it through the glass display case at my LHS. It's just sitting there waiting for me
      to buy it. But, I'm hoping that the MTL GP9 price point comes in quite a bit lower -- that
      was the genesis of my "affordable" comment in my first message -- more affordable for
      me. Plus, the MTL GP9 will be the right era for me. The AZL SD product is fabulous but
      just too pricey at the LHS for my limited 2007 Z-scale budget. I'm holding out for that
      MTL and hoping the price point will be in the same ballpark as the GP35 price points.

      Although, alas -- the choices the choices! Who would have thought we'd have so many!
      The AZL UP GP-7 just looks fantastic. I need more money -- must find new job and make
      more $$$, but wait! I love my current job. Sigh... what's a guy to do in this new Z-scale
      world we live in....

      Russ Meier
      Milwaukee, WI
      MILW, UP, and CP in Z

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...> wrote:

      > Vincent:
      >
      > I know -- I feel the same way. Shocked, confused, excited, awestruck that FINALLY an
      > affordable CN engine is on the horizon. In fact, I was so overcome I fell right over....
      just
      > got back from the hospital right now. They said it was a small heart-attack. Asked me
      > what caused the shock. (just kidding... ;) )
      >
      > Russ Meier
      > Milwaukee, WI
      > MILW, UP, and CP in Z (with a desparate desire for a nice CN engine to compete with my
      > CP).
      >

      > > Alright... I need a mop now, I am drooling all over the place.
      > >
      > > Just to check, to be totally sure, we are talking about a CN GP9,
      > > right? High nose, Canadian National, possibly (hey if this is a
      > > dream, I can push it, can't I?) with two road numbers being released
      > > at the same time, right?
      > >
      > > Right...?
      > >

      > > CBVG

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic