      From: z_scale@yahoogroups.com [mailto:z_scale@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Joe DAmato
      Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:51 PM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Z_Scale] MTL Passenger Car's in the Works and other stuff..

      Just got the ok to let everyone know that we are in the process of
      working up a series of Smooth Side, Pullman Standard (and others
      later)Passenger cars. I can't talk due dates or car styles (figure
      the usual suspects!)at this point, those have been decided and we are
      working on them as we speak. I'll be able to say more in a few
      weeks. These will be 100% injection molded, no resin or photo etched
      sides... with all new trucks, accurate details and flawless paint. I
      am working on a way to get power into the cars for lighting, not sure
      if that will be the initial offering, but it is being addressed. I'm
      really stoked about doing this project!!

      Also an update on the SD40-2...making lightning progress on it.
      Chassis and trucks are designed and tooling should start in short
      order. Steve got the plastic shell components are designed,and we
      are looking at doing plastic railing that plug in much like the Kato
      N Scale engines do. I am also trying to get an accessory sprue
      designed that will have some "fussy bits" (as the Brits say) included
      so you can convert and or super detail your engine. Pricing TBD,
      costs are going up everywhere, but I think we will come in close to
      the GP-35's...

      I will also be securing next year's production in a few weeks and
      will know what we will be doing. All in all, including new track
      pieces in development (220 Straight and 100-120mm adaptor track
      section) 07 and 08 are looking good for Z.

      Cheers

      Joe

      PS...this is not a late April Fool's prank!!