5087Re: [z_scale] Re: Kato In Z, A Different Approach

  • Reynard Wellman
    Jul 3, 2001
      Hello John,
      Sometimes I wish I had never heard of KATO, they've
      spoiled me. The quality of the track and locomotives, the ease
      of assembly, wiring, etc. has caused me to make unfair comparisons.

      When N scale first started out (actually in the mid-60's) up until
      the 80's, it was mostly junk, stuff that wouldn't run,
      terrible turnouts, lumpy looking buildings and freight cars.

      KATO lit a fire under the other manufacturers -- get better or starve!

      Z scale needs someone like this to show the others the way.
      I couldn't agree with you more. I've yet to see a KATO product
      perform poorly, unless I threw it accross the room or something.

      Regards,
      Reynard