50717Bill K's commemorative car report

  • Chadrick Morris
    Feb 1, 2007
      Hello All,

      We have a good progress report to give on Bill's commemorative car. Here is what we have so far.

      1. 250 cars donated by Uncle Will's Full Throttle. Two bay open hopper in Southern Pacific railroad, brown with white lettering. Bill's favorite railroad.

      2. Wheel sets donated by MTL through Loren Snyder.

      3. Clear boxes to put the cars in donated from Bob Olson with PennZee.

      4. Coal loads to put into the cars donated from Bill Hay from Hay Brothers.

      5. Talking with Michael Hilliard about decals. Also talked with Bob Olson about print pad lettering on the cars. Printing the cars will take longer due to shipping the cars to be printed and scheduling the cars to be printed and then shipped back.

      6. Foam inserts for the boxes have been talked with by Loren Snyder. Could use simple foam pieces to place in the box around the car.

      That is the current progress on the commemorative cars. In a span of just a week or so, we as a Z scale community have contacted manufacturers and other suppliers and got the items needed for this tribute to Bill. All of this would not be possible if it were not the efforts of people like Bill bringing us together in our hobby of Z scale model railroading.

      The cars should arrive in Houston by the end of this week. The other supplies are being put together to be shipped out to Houston. The Houston Z Bend Track group will have work sessions to assemble the cars once all the supplies are gathered. Will keep all of you informed on the progress and price of the cars. Have a good Friday. I will write an email on Saturday night after I get home from Bill's visitation at the funeral home. Stay on track.

      Chad Bryan
      Houston Z Bend Track