5065Re: Kato In Z, A Different Approach

  • zerstoererx@aol.com
    Jul 2, 2001
      Without a doubt you're right John, we should harness our collective
      influence and direct it at Kato first and foremost. Do any of you ex-N
      scalers out there remember when Atlas/Kato brought us their RS-3 back
      in 1982-83? Before that N Scale motive power was about as innovative
      as a network TV sitcom plot. (addmittedly the Roco/Atlas stuff was
      decent) Kato is beyond a doubt the finest MASS producer of model
      trains in the world. My brother-in-law snagged a seven car bullet
      train set in Japan for a price that would make us Z scalers cringe!
      Considerably less than $300 USD bought the new "500" Bullet train and
      a Tomix starter track set with auto switches and x-former (kinda like
      Fleischmann's track). Accordingly, my thanks to all who can make it to
      St. Louis to do the "dirty work". If anyone can pull up Z it'll be
      Kato. Has anyone out there ever bought a Kato loco and NOT had it run
      flawlessly and whisper quiet out of the box? I highly doubt it! Again,
      thanks guys - our scale needs the competition!

      Regards,
      John Stueber
      --- In z_scale@y..., jcubbin@o... wrote:
      > I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but rather than just a
      couple of people approaching the Kato booth inquiring about Z, how
      about
      > some sort of petition from this group? There are nearly 400 members
      after all, why not put those numbers to use? No matter how well a
      > single argument can be crafted, I believe several hundred
      individuals inquiring about a product would carry far more weight.

      > This forum and Jeffrey R. MacHan are recognized by the NMRA's SIG,
      this coupled with the voices of those several hundred Z_Scale
      > members would, if not send the Kato folks running to the drawing
      board, might get them to consider dusting it off.

      > The topic has been kicked around, how popular is Z these days. One
      sure acid test is right here. If only 5 or 10 people reply with
      emails,
      > then Kato is right to ignore Z. Let's find out definitively within
      these ranks, how popular
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic