50055Re: Societies without Rules have a tendency to Collapse!

  • feyerhc
    Jan 2, 2007
      Hi all,

      I believe this is my first post to this group. I have enjoy reading
      most of the posts for the last several months. I find them
      informative, sensitive, and at times humorous.

      However, what is the point of this subject? MOTM is informative and
      inspirational. I thought this was a friendly, considerate group that
      wanted to share information, answer questions, etc. Now it looks
      like it has become a bickering group. If this continues, I will be
      dropping out of this group. The world is full of bickering and I
      thought this forum was for relaxation and getting away from the
      everyday rigors.

      Personally, I don't care if a submitted photo is of a highly
      detailed, scratchbuilt turntable, or a photo of a purchased, fully
      built model that is placed in a particular scene in a unigue way.
      All these submitted photos are inspiring.

      Whether a submitted model was built by the individual submitting or
      was done by someone else is immaterial. If this group is really a
      group for sharing ideas and having fun, that is all that is
      important. If MOTM has a whole bunch of rules and restrictions, then
      the purpose of sharing is gone and we have brought the rigors of life
      to this forum.

      Lets stay with the fun side and quit worrying about the competive
      aspect.

      The Z world is for having fun, enjoyment, and sharing.

      Carl in Nebraska

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Jürg Rüedi <juerg.rueedi@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tim
      >
      > I disagree with some of your "rules". For me that sounds more like
      > scratchbuild contest and not a Model of the month contest and most
      of
      > the Group Members (me too) doesen't have the skills to build a
      > masterpiece. If the rules will change in the way you suggested, I
      > think there will be every month the same few talented Guys in the
      > contest. :-)
      >
      > Sincerley
      > Jürg
      >
      > http://www.rosetown.ch
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "sgt_tim7" <sgt_tim1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I want to post a message this groups Photo of the month contest.
      > > Was a good many months ago, perhaps 24 or so, that I was dis-
      > > qualified from entering any of my personalized models in this
      > groups
      > > Model of the Month contest for I manufactured Z scale goods for
      > > others. This was my disqualification. At this time, the contest
      > > was voted on by one person and not the mass majority of this
      > group.
      > > Things have since changed. Everyone gets to vote which Model is
      > the
      > > Best of the Best.
      > >
      > > Way back when, many month ago, the definition of a model was
      > > ANYTHING including a trailer that is used to haul modules from
      show
      > > to show. As I look up the definition of a model in a dictionary,
      > > this definitely was a dis-qualification. But, as I said, the
      > > contest was a one vote deal.
      > >
      > > In the past few months, this contest of the Best of the Best
      Models
      > > in Z scale has come anew! Since it's make over, a few questions
      > > have arised about what photos are acceptable. If any of you
      recall
      > > the Z Central Stations first Z Photo contest, it was wild and
      > > crazy. Had no rules except it has to be Z scale. Since that
      first
      > > contest they have installed a few rules for the contest and have
      > > added a Theme.
      > >
      > > Well, I am here to suggest a few rules for the Model of the Month
      > > contest on this Z_Scale group. As you know, this group offers
      > > nothing for the winner except the recognition diserved by posting
      > > that winning photo on this groups Home Page.
      > >
      > > I have consolidated a few basic, simple rules that I consider
      > needed
      > > for such a contest as this. Simple rules will eliminate problems
      > > that may arise in the future about certain models. Here are my
      > > suggestions!
      > >
      > > Rules for Model of the Month!
      > >
      > > --This is a "MODEL" of the month Contest-- (Not a Photo Contest)
      > >
      > > The Dictionary describes a Model as; "a small object, usually
      built
      > > to scale, that represents in detail another, often larger object."
      > >

      > > A model, for this contest, can be a locomotive, rollingstock,
      > > building, vehicle, people, or any other object represented in
      1:220
      > > (Z) scale. This excludes modules and layouts in their entirety.
      > > Modules and layouts are concidered a conglomerate (collection)
      > > of "Models" to create a larger scene.
      > >

      > > Simple Rules for Entry:
      > >
      > > * Only one photo entry, per person, per month!
      > >
      > > * Photo can be of any Z scale object, as listed above that is
      1:220
      > > (Z) Scale.
      > >
      > > * Person submitting the photo "MUST" be the "author/creator" of
      the
      > > Z scale object that is displayed in the photo. Simply put, it
      must
      > > be something YOU have created.
      > >
      > > * Models of RTR Z scale products can not be entered as a model
      > > unless they have been personally modifed, by YOU, to represent a
      > > more accurate model.
      > >
      > > * A model can be placed in a scene, but must be the primary
      object
      > > in the photo. The Scene is not the model.
      > >
      > > Helpful Hints: A photo of a model that is surrounded by a nice
      > > scene is more likely to be chosen as a winner than a stand alone
      > > model with no scenery around it. Example; A photo of a
      > scratchbuilt
      > > model of a tractor and ploy will be more
      > > appealing if it were placed in a field ploying a scene rather
      than
      > > by itself with no scenery.

      > > All comments and suggestions welcomed.
      > >
      > > Hobo Tim