49491Re: sending photos

  • Ell Geib
    Dec 6, 2006
      Leigh,

      I upgraded to Photoshop 7 not too long before the CS versions came
      out. I didn't see the point of upgrading again so soon. I understand
      and do most of the rest of the things you talk about. BUT, I hadn't
      thought of using the Save for Web option. I'll try that and see what
      differences I get. Thanks for that reminder.

      The whole point of my questions: I know how to change the size and
      resolution of my photo files. But for a given photo, and after any
      cropping, when you do things that reduces the file size, that means
      you are throwing away data. At some point that is going to be
      noticeable. For example, in one of the photos I took of my small
      layout at the Rockville show a sign describing the layout is visible.
      In the original photo, or in a reduced sized photo that keeps the
      same resolution (and large file size), most words on the sign can be
      read. After changing to 800 x 600 there is sufficient loss of
      resolution that it is difficult or impossible to read those words.

      Ell
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic