49439Re: [Z_Scale] Re: AZL/SZL trip to Korea/ MTL's Trip to Walmart

  • Loren Snyder
    Dec 4, 2006
      Joe,
      I sure hope you bought Select Interior plywood with no knot holes. I don't
      want a second class finish on my new locos! And don't subject those rubber
      bands to any sunlight before you install them in the drive mechanism, or
      else the ultraviolet light will weaken the horsepower and give less pulling
      power. Oh well, it doesn't matter anyway, as switchers aren't supposed to
      haul huge loads anyway.
      And is that paint oil based or latex? I want the surface to be shiny for a
      long time.

      Yes, seriously for just a moment,.......someday I bet a lot of folks want
      to get some of those undecorated and do their own paint schemes.
      So don't throw those undecs back into the stew pot just yet. I even managed
      to send one to a customer last week, so they are slowly being used up
      (serious moment over).

      Custom painting is yet another project I'd love to be doing, but at the
      moment, I'm busy sharpening my axe to go into the woods yet again to chop
      down more of those spotted owl roosting trees. I've found yet another
      customer who needs loads of trees and the owls are just going to have to go
      roost in some old barn or on top of a power pole somewhere. They make
      better targets when they are out in the open like that and silhouetted
      against a blue sky :o)

      Joe's chief burro handler, (pooper scooper)

      Loren