      From: dgsteve@... [mailto:dgsteve@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 10:20 PM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [z_scale] 4-6-0 hums when placed on track when tried no
      movement.

      I recently tested a steam loco 8599 I placed my ear very close when
      first turning throttle and it made a bit of a humming sound but would
      not move. I did this only for a second as I did not want to further
      damage it. Could this be a gear binding? this is my first guess but I
      thought I would see if this has been experienced by anyone else. It
      seems promising and I will visit creative element to see if there is
      loco strip-down info there. Thanks if anyone can help,
      Steve