44822Re: Weathering wood box car

  • Lionel Gazeau
    Jun 2, 2006
      Russ

      My off-line email should have answered that but for the benefit of others:

      For a wash I use one drop of paint to six drops of water to which I
      add a tiny tiny sliver of soap. You can also cut the water with a few
      of drops of alcohol, or, believe it or not, Future Floor Wax works too.

      I guess it depends on the effect you are trying to achieve. A very
      thin wash will only stain depressed ares like between boards, a
      thicker wash will do the same but will stain the rest of the car too.
      The good thing about acrylics is you can just wipe or rinse off what
      you don't like.

      Lionel

      http://theotherlionel.com

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Russ Meier" <agentink_and_zfan@...>
      wrote:

      > Lionel,
      >
      > Out of curiosity -- what wash ratio do you use for your paints? And
      do you use alcohol or
      > water to dilute?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic