44788Re: June MTL Releases in "Z" are Posted

  • sgt_tim7
    Jun 1, 2006
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, dpstripe@... wrote:

      > In a message dated 5/31/2006 2:23:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > sgt_tim1@... writes:
      > Looks like a Collectors Month to me.
      > Yep, that's what it is, a collectors Month for releases.
      >
      > Now, that's not really a fair thing to say. I thought I was going
      to find two
      > Christmas cars, a happy birthday and a Smokey the bear. Maybe they
      aren't
      > modern (and the Northeastern caboose not exactly standard UP fare),
      but the Monon
      > and CP box cars are useful liveries that could have definitely been
      seen
      > behind an F 7, GP-35, or GP-9. And, it wasn't too long ago that
      some people here
      > were requesting Midwestern and Canadian roads.
      > Dan S.

      I apologize for not completing my first posting of this subject. I
      meant to write more but time pressed me to send it sooner than
      expected. Since I didn't get it right the first time, I will try to
      do better now.

      When I wrote the word "Collector's Month" I took the definition out
      of the Hobo Tim's International Dictionary! It says that a
      Collector's Month is any month that MTL will definitely not sell out
      of their releases for quite a long time!

      As I thumb my way thru the dictionary I also find this word, "Sell-
      out Month". The definition of a Sell-out Month is any month where an
      anticipated release is due to come out and MTL is sweating and
      wondering if they indeed made enough items to satisfy the first
      release! Then the examples state past and future items. Gunderson
      Husky, New Track system, GP35 for the past releases and PS2 two bay
      hoppers, New Track system Turnouts & larger radius circles, and GP7/9
      for the future releases.

      So, I hope these terms will clarify any wrong messages I might have
      conveyed in the previous posting. Just stating mine and other Z
      scalers verbal/written statements on this months releases.

      References taken from the Trainboard and Wed Nite Chat!

      Hobo Tim
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic