44785Re: [Z_Scale] Locomotive Issues

  • Alan Cox
    May 31 4:25 PM
      On Mer, 2006-05-31 at 17:57 +0000, thompsondl wrote:
      > First off I am completely new at all this so I'm probably doing
      > something wrong. But I have a problem with my locomotive moving. It
      > moves real jerky and stops every 3 or 4 inches.

      Sounds like pickup problems

      > found that if I tapped the top of the locomotive it would move maybe
      > for an inch or so and then stop.

      Definitely sounds like pickup problems.

      If it was an old locomotive doing this then I would suggest cleaning it,
      but if it is new then I'd suggest taking it back because from new the
      loco should be clean and pickup problems may be crooked axles,
      mis-adjusted wipers and other things you don't want to fix yourself.

      Alan
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic