43728Re: Marklin 88641 Diesellok BR361

  • bperumal2
    Apr 5, 2006
      Brian, Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your advise as I was
      travelling.

      Thank you for the video. The video on aligning was very helpful.
      Personally, I think the problem is that I have a few too many thumbs
      and succeed in doing more harm than good!

      Again thank you.

      Peru

      > Hello,
      >
      > This may be too late in coming, but I made a little video for you
      > showing an 8864 being taken apart and put together. It's here:
      >
      > <http://z-world.com/videos/8864takeapart/>
      >
      > The crux of the matter regarding aligning the gears is a link at the
      > bottom of that page to a short segment. Basically the method I used
      > here is to rotate the forward wheel set back and drop in the
      > intermediate gear so it causes that wheel set to rotate forward,
      > towards the position I really want it, allowing the intermediate gear
      > to seat in the process. I barely got it right on the video but I got
      > lucky and things fell into place. There are probably at least as
      > many different techniques as I have thumbs.
      >
      > I hope the visual aid may be of some use.
      >
      > As Dan perfectly put it, it's a matter patience and trial and error.
      >
      > brian

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic