41079Re: MTL February releases

  • Joe DAmato
    Feb 1, 2006
      Randy,

      I'm trying to get releases posed before the first of the month,
      hopefully something will come of it.

      Joe

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, randy smidt <randy@s...> wrote:

      > Joe, Didn't the first releases of the Husky Stacks sell out with in
      a couple of days. As you said though, MTL did rerelease the TTX's
      rather quickly. That surprised me, but I was happy that it happened
      (both selling out and the quick rerelease).

      > Randy
      >
      > Joe DAmato <shipsure2003@y...> wrote:
      > Malcom,
      >
      > I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
      > problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not
      the
      > case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale
      that
      > once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you
      how
      > many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
      > they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
      > estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
      > production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
      > the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
      > song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
      > trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
      > building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
      > wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
      > ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
      > prudent.
      >
      > Two points:
      >
      > 1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.
      >
      > 2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.
      >
      > Sorry for the heat.
      >
      > Joe
      > MTL
      >

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Zeds,
      > >
      > > Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not
      > posted the
      > > February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members
      indicates
      > that
      > > the February flyer has been received by some people. What's
      wrong
      > with
      > > this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases
      > immediately,
      > > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
      > should go
      > > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in
      > timely
      > > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
      > justify a
      > > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to
      the
      > well
      > > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always
      wrong"
      > (taught
      > > in the Enron school of business).
      > >
      > > CheerZ,
      > > --Malcolm Z

      > G scale model train Ho scale model train Model train n
      scale Scale model train Z scale model train Z scale

      Service.