41066Re: MTL February releases

  • Joe DAmato
    Feb 1, 2006
      Malcom,

      I will check into the web site and see what is up, sorry for the
      problem. As to your concern about being out of stock, that's not the
      case. I think there is a spill over misconception from N Scale that
      once you dealer gets the stock, then that's it. I can't tell you how
      many times I've been to a dealer on the road and they also thought
      they were out of luck on a re-order. True, some things we under
      estimate, but for the most part, we error on the side of excess
      production. Other than the Log Cars, we almost always have stock on
      the shelf in Z Scale. If your dealer gives anyone on this board a
      song and dance about re-orders, contact me directly at Joe@micro-
      trains.com and I will see what I can do for you all. My goal in
      building Z here at MTL was to be sure we could offer what everyone
      wanted, and as much as they wanted. To that end we have stopped
      ongoing production to make additional cars to fill re-orders when
      prudent.

      Two points:

      1. We almost never sell out of a given product the first month.

      2. As to MTL's or my business model, your wrong.

      Sorry for the heat.

      Joe
      MTL

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Malcolm Cleaveland <mcleavel@u...>
      wrote:

      > Zeds,
      >
      > Just checked the Micro-Trains site and they <still> have not
      posted the
      > February releases. Yet a comment from one of the members indicates
      that
      > the February flyer has been received by some people. What's wrong
      with
      > this picture? MTL frequently sells out of Z scale releases
      immediately,
      > so some people are put at a disadvantage. Mailings of the flyer
      should go
      > out on the 1st of each month and the website should be updated in a
      timely
      > fashion to be fair to all the customers and shops who cannot
      justify a
      > standing order for all new items. But I'm sure MTL adheres to the
      well
      > known American business philosophy, "The customer is always wrong"
      (taught
      > in the Enron school of business).
      >
      > CheerZ,
      > --Malcolm Z