3887Re: [z_scale] Marklin 8993 Reverse Loop kit

  • Nelson Snedeker
    Apr 1, 2001
      Hi Alex:
      I have a new layout in progress and one of the first things I
      installed was a reverse loop because it will be under my second level tracks
      and a good place to store a train while running the rest of the layout. There
      is no problem I can see with it. The Loco runs into a slowdown area and then
      a Stop and sits there until you reverse polarity. You can make the separate
      areas as long as you decide they should be. The slowing stop is repeated when
      you reverse polarity by starting slow and reaching speed again determined by
      the the length of track you place between the #1, #2, and # 3 pieces. with
      long trains , this controlled stop and start minimizes cars being pulled or
      pushed off any curves they may be on.at the time.I have room for a train of
      36 cars on my loop The only other problem you may have is not the fault of
      the reverse loop. It is controlled by the last set of powered Loco wheels to
      pass over the #2 section so, If you have an A-B-A combo F7 it is necessary to
      connect the A units so the first one continues to have power until the last
      one is past the #2 diode If that is a problem for you I will be happy to send
      you any help you may need You're welcome Nel
      P.S. I use a manual switch and it is set for straight travel entering and
      the wheel flanges automatically open it against the spring coming out. That
      way you don't have to remember to throw the switch each time. I don't
      recommend that in ballasted areas though.