35047Re: Discount Model Trains - MT log cars

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Sep 2, 2005
      Not "lost profits", more like "delayed profits" and "reduced cash flow". I do not really think that Z-scalers will boycott MTL because the log cars are sold out. The next run will likely fly off the shelves.

      At some point, a run will not sell out so quickly and MTL will change their production calendar as a result. Also, there is a limited supply of purchasing power in the Z-community at any moment. By producing limited runs, MTL allows the consumer base to replenish the bank account for the next batch of goodies! <wink>

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Miller" <almiller@v...> wrote:
      Not a
      > good thing in a time when all firms in the hobby should be clamoring
      > for--and serving--every customer and all the sales they can possibly get.
      But if it is true, then MT obviously
      > goofed-up badly, and it is costing them dearly in terms of lost profits.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic