3501Re: [z_scale] Re: Lighting the Ludwig

  • Detlev Göbel
    Mar 5, 2001
      Hi Kim, Jeff,

      I'm the author in the German list. I try to translate the usage of the conductive paint.

      But first what I am using is paint which is enriched with silver. This paint is used to repair printed circuits. Unfortunately I do not have photos how to do that - but as far as I will build up a new lighted car I will take some pictures.

      At first you have to remove the bogies (if it is one car with bogies) from the coach. Then you have to dril a tiny hole (I am using a diameter of 0.6mm) in the middle of the bogie. This will be used to get the wire into the coach. After removing the axles you are ready to paint. Paint the bearing of the axles up to the middle of the bogie. If the paint is dry take a varnish wire (diameter less than 0.6mm), melt the varnish (you can do that with a soldering iron), put the end of the wire through the hole, bend the wire, fix it and put a fat drop of the conductive paint on the wire. After drying you can test your result with an ohmmeter - perhaps it is necessary to repaint your work. Replace the bogies - voila you have voltage in your coach. If the paint is not to thick you will have much less friction than the brass stripes.
      I also did this with coaches without bogies and it works nice as well.
      For example : I am running the very nice orient express with the additional coaches (all over all 9 coaches) without any friction problems in gradients and curves.

      I hope you understand what I'm meaning - 'cause my english is not as good as it should be.

      If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

      Cheers

      Detlev

      Alles unter einem Dach: Informationen, Fun, E-Mails. Bei WEB.DE: http://web.de
      Die große Welt der Kommunikation: E-Mail, Fax, SMS, WAP: http://freemail.web.de