34422Re: #20 Code 40 Turnout

  • Eric Menzel
    Aug 1, 2005

      I am the E in E & D Models, (soon to be E & D Models, LLC). My
      website is undergoing a massive restructuring, so it's a mess right
      now, but check it out. I will be adding alot more Z scale items
      along with pics over the next few weeks.

      I am also working with a company that extrudes soft metals, such as
      nickel silver. I am waiting on a quote for some custom designed Code
      50 rail. This rail will be used on my turnouts, and will connect up
      to Code 40, as well as Marklin, and MTL track (with a few light
      swipes of a file on the railheads). Marklin and MTL are .060" high,
      while Micro-Engineering code 40 is .045", my rail will be a
      true .050" high. I am hoping to offer my rail (no plastic ties to
      remove) in bulk for all those handlayers out there. Again, awaiting
      the quote for dies and material.

      I have also purchased a mini CNC mill, so we will see what kind of
      goodies come out of that! I am hoping to fill some voids in the Z
      scale modern era.

      Hope this helps!

      Eric P. Menzel

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren Snyder" <ljsnyder@c...> wrote:
> [...]