33123Re: [Z_Scale] Märklin and China

  • bill.foote
    May 31, 2005
      As ever, trust the media to get its facts wrong

      The statement "which makes most..........near Stuttgart" is just
      NOT true - the vast majority of what production is still located
      in Germany takes place in Nurnberg and Sonneberg

      The Goppingen factory (which I visited a month ago), is like a
      morgue, concentrating on producing some components, repairing
      models returned by customers for attention, and assembling an
      extremely limited range of models

      _If_ the statement attributed to Paul Adams about not letting
      production move to China is true (I have serious doubts about the
      truth of this attribution, as Marklin does already have some
      items produced in China), then Mr Martin of Hornby should be
      saving a few pounds in his piggy bank so as to be ready to step
      in, like he did with Limarossi, when the inevitable happens

      ***Read the full text of the article at

      http://news.ft.com/cms/s/c9587c8c-d0a6-11d9-abb8-00000e2511c8.html

      Bill Foote <http://freespace.virgin.net/bill.foote>