31620Re: MR - Why not Z?

  • Patrick Tighe
    Apr 4, 2005
      You're right, it was the Western Pacific not the Rio Grande. After
      I'd posted I started thinking about it but couldn't recall the theme.

      MR not only commissioned the layout, as I recall they provided a lot
      of help. For instance, I recall that they provide 1:1 CAD drawings
      of the layout.

      Just and interesting point. I, too, got into Z scale that year
      after getting a starter set for Christmas.

      Patrick Tighe

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, ztrack@a... wrote:
      > Patrick,
      >
      > Excellent point. The MR story was actually a series run across 3
      or 4 issues
      > detailing the building of the Western Pacific layout. It was four
      different
      > scenes. The mountain portion was awesome. MR actually commissioned
      this layout.
      > It was during an interesting time in Z scale. That same year,
      Micro-Trains
      > released their Z line and Marklin release their US line including
      passenger cars.
      > Actually the passenger cars used on the layout were converted
      European cars.