31570Re: [Z_Scale] Re: MR - Why not Z?

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Apr 3 7:06 AM
      Patrick,

      Excellent point. The MR story was actually a series run across 3 or 4 issues
      detailing the building of the Western Pacific layout. It was four different
      scenes. The mountain portion was awesome. MR actually commissioned this layout.
      It was during an interesting time in Z scale. That same year, Micro-Trains
      released their Z line and Marklin release their US line including passenger cars.
      Actually the passenger cars used on the layout were converted European cars.
      The freight cars were all Micro-Trains. This was the same year I got into the
      hobby so having these articles at my disposal were very inspirational.

      Today, Z scale is much more mainstream then every before. One fact is that MR
      is starting to realize that are looking at ways to give Z scale more
      exposure. Ztrack and MR will be working together to do this, though not in the pages
      of MR. I will have more on this once the details are finalized.

      I think the NTS this year again will be an eye opener for MR and other
      companies. Z will be the focal point. I personally can't wait!

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016