30079Re: Campfire in Z (fake is best)

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Mar 1, 2005
      Hi Tina,

      Anything you can imagine is probably possible in "Z". However, in
      answer to your specific question about special requirements...the
      short answer is - OPEN FLAMES ARE SIMPLY NOT ALLOWED!" At every
      train show that I have attended the exhibits are checked over by the
      local fire marshall. I can assure you that any display with an open
      flame would be immediately ordered shut down and the fuel source
      removed from the premisses. In some cases where the fire marshall is
      not in such a good mood, the display could simply be ordered removed
      from the show altogether.

      Even in a home environment, I would strongly advise against
      installing any display with an open flame, no matter how cool the
      idea is. Before you go ahead with any such project, don't forget to
      inform your insurance provider. I'm sure that they will have an
      opinion on the advisability of such a situation. Unfortunately
      accidents do happen.

      Having running water, on the other hand, is an even greater challenge
      on a layout. There again, if left unattended and a leak should
      occur, there can be quite a mess to clean up, not to mention
      potential damage.

      Enjoy your trains,
      Jeffrey MacHan

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Fraser" <t_dfraser@m...> wrote:
      > I just gave myself an idea for another layout!!! Does anyone know
      > there are special requirements at exhibits and shows for models
      > open flames?
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic