2950Re: [z_scale] WARNING: Duratrax Power Shot Dissolves Marklin Motors

  • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
    Feb 1, 2001
      Dear Bill,

      did you lubricate the motor after this treatment and, if so, what lubricator
      you did use?

      As you may have read in the 'Z Club 92' Club Revue 4/2000, my little F7 machines
      run during a 4 day exhibition in Cologne on my layout without problems for more
      than 35 hrs a distance of about 13 miles! Only then, one loco of the double
      traction set refused to run further. I used as lubricator 'Ballistol'.

      Regards

      Dieter

      bjkronen@... schrieb:

      > New experience: I had a motor from a Marklin F7 which was unusable due to a
      > "ring of fire" running around the commutator. No chemical, brush, or solvent
      > I had would touch it. But thanks to another member, I got the opportunity to
      > drop the motor into a 70% alcohol bath in an ultrasonic cleaner (MicroMart,
      > among others). After 5 minutes in the ultrasonic cleaner, that motor became
      > the best motor I own. It ran for hours and hours non-stop at last week's two
      > day GATS show here on the Z-Bend Track modules. Very impressed. I'm saving
      > my pennies for my own now.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Bill Kronenberger
      > Houston