2560Re: [z_scale] 2001 Moderator's Message

  • Jeffrey MacHan
    Jan 4, 2001
      Hi Dieter and Zealots everywhere,

      In reponse to your observations, this list is open to Z modelers from across
      the universe. In fact we have members residing in 19 countries last time I
      tried to do a census. The largest group is from the USA however an earlier
      poll of our members showed a good mix of NA and European Z interests.

      My NY2001 comments were designed as an invitation to the world wide Z
      community. As you may have noticed, we have regular postings from Sweden,
      Finland, Japan, Germany, Canada, Australia, Italy, Belgium, France, USA
      amongst others. I am interested in reading reports of Z happenings anywhere
      and seeing pictures of everyone's layouts etc. I can't get enough Z!

      As for favoring US Z, I do a lot of reporting to this list about my
      adventures which, so far, have taken place in Canada and the US. I'm hoping
      that great ambassadors of Z like you, Dieter, will contribute their Z
      experiences and anecdotes. Invite your Swiss friends to join the list so
      that we can put their train show on our vacation calendar.

      Corresponding with the members of this list is like chatting with a group of
      friends. Two years go I had a wonderful visit for a couple of days from a
      Swedish Z scaler living in Norway. We had a great time because we had a
      shared passion for our miniature trains. Hopefully, some day, I'll get a
      chance to visit with my Z friends outside of North America. But in the
      meantime, I get to visit with you through the list.

      I have known many model railroaders but the finest people I have met in the
      hobby are Z enthusiasts. Maybe some of you have an opinion on why that
      might be the case. :-)

      I'm looking forward to your March train show report, Dieter... ;-)

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey