24842Re: [z_scale] Re: Z scale and "accurate" rail

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Sep 1, 2004
      --- "Adrian T. Wymann" <rail@...> a écrit :

      > Reynard
      >
      > You're perfectly right, of course, concerning those
      > huge black boxes
      > next to Marklin switches

      Guys, please let me remind you what is showed on David
      Karp's website: how to remove Marklin Turnouts
      mechanism.

      I've done the same on the small diorama on which I'm
      working, and it's an easy operation. And the look is
      very, very better: the only heck with these modified
      turnouts is tie spacing not matching US prototype, but
      with this it's the same than Marklin / Peco track, and
      curved rails beyond frog on diverging track (as it is
      straight on prototype). But anyway like this they have
      a fair looking.

      Of course it's a little expensive as you have to
      replace the original mechanism with a Tortoise or sthg
      like this, but it's worth to do it.

      Cheers,

      Dominique