2233Re: [z_scale] Photo etch ideas

  • D. A. Karp
    Nov 30, 2000
      I got my copy of RMC yesterday, and had the same thought. I think a
      Z-scale Russell Snow Plow is very doable, even with moving wing plows. As
      for other snow plows, there are a few manufacturers that make them,
      including Railex, Westmodel, and Kr├╝ger, although none of them make a
      Russell Plow.

      At 11:19 AM 11/30/2000 -0700, you wrote:
      >A while back there was discussion on thing that might be made by the
      >photo etch process. In my new Railroad Model Craftsman there is an
      >article on building a snowplow (US style). It looks like it might be a
      >doable thing in PE. I mean if we can do telephone booths. Of course he
      >made his out of plastic in G scale with radio controls to move the
      >wings, but there were only two curved parts in the design. I wouldn't
      >mind if the wings didn't move at all. The article refered to a December
      >1984 Model Railroader article on a snowplow for dual tracks (plows out
      >to one side only).
      > If anybody decides to do this, please sign me up for two. I will have
      >two separate mountian divisions and each will need one.
      > Another thought would be a cow catcher for the 8800 and 8805s to make
      >them more US prototypical.
      >Ed Scullin

      http://www.creativelement.com/z/
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic