18538Re: Recommended track gradient

  • Glen Chenier
    Jan 1, 2004
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Scott" <ralph.scott@x> wrote:
      >... Usually the more driving axles a Z loco has the poorer its
      >pulling ability due to the locos weight being distibuted over more
      >wheeles. ...

      A very interesting observation...

      Does anyone know of any testing that has been done to determine the
      optimum number of driving wheels for a given weight?

      If not, this might be a good time to start something. If you are
      interested, measure the pull power (maximum number of cars, their
      total weight, track grade etc) and weight of your various locos along
      with number of wheels and post the results. Maybe we can get some
      data to add to Ralph's observation.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic