17980Re: My engines wont go

  • Glen Chenier
    Dec 2, 2003
      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Scott" <ralph.scott@x> wrote:

      > If a simple spray clean fails then the only alternative is to
      >carefully disasemble clean and reassemble the gearbox. This can be
      >problematic so you need to take careful note of where each gear is
      >located and which way around they sit in the chassis,. It would pay
      >to make a drawing as you disassemble and lay the parts out on a
      >piece of paper in the order and position you take them apart.

      Good advice. I'd like to add every part should be marked with a fine
      tipped felt marker with an identifying number and
      left/right/front/rear orientation to help with re-assembly. Gear
      teeth wear in a pattern dependent on their mating gears, even parts
      that were identical when new will become individual after wear.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic