17974Why does Z_Scale exist?

  • jmac_han
    Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Gang,

      You may notice that I have changed the tag line for this posting.
      This is a good way to let the membership know that I am not about to
      give an opinion on CNCs, milling, lathing or whathaveyou. I would
      like to comment on one of the reasons that this forum exists i.e. to
      promote the free exchange of information related to the world of Z-
      scale model railroading. To that end, there have been thousands of
      posts covering hundreds of topics presenting every facet of the
      practice of, passion for and future of Z-scale model railroading.

      There are so many incredibly talented and knowledgeable people who
      are members of this group and who have taken the time to share with
      the rest of us. I learn from practically every post here. That is
      not to say that I am promoting the idea that everyone should read
      everything, no, not at all. We all have our particular interests.
      But the great thing about an internet-based forum is that one can
      chose to read the messages one wants, skipping the subjects or themes
      that are of less interest.

      As a general-delivery style forum, Z_Scale can and has played a
      significant role in bringing like-minded people together to form
      groups, create new products, promote the hobby, meet face-to-face and
      find so many ways to enjoy the hobby.

      This is why any posting of relevance to Z-scale model railroading,
      including many topics that may be of limited appeal, is welcome
      here.

      Thank you to everyone who has posted to Z_Scale. You have broadened
      my horizons.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Moderator

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hoshiko" <billhko@y...> wrote:

      > Reynard,
      >
      > Like I said, it is interesting and I did read through 50% of the
      > original post, but there is a point where those of us, who will
      > never consider purchasing a mill or a lath or even a Dremel Tool,
      > will only skip any further postings.
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic