16211Bring your Z trains and portable layouts...Auburn WA train show Sept 6-7.
- Aug 31 10:31 PMJust a reminder that the Northwest Pacific Z Scalers will be showing during the Auburn
train show at
White River Valley Museum,
918 H Southeast,
The museum is located in, or beside, Les Gove Park,
not far off Auburn Way at 9th and H (not far south of
a major east-west railroad track). The name of the
show is the Hans Torklep Memorial Model Train Show.
Admission is $3. The dates are Sep 6 and 7th and the
times are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm each day.
1) Again, no modules...you are invited to come run Z scale trains on layouts provided
by members anytime during the show.
2) If you want to bring your layout for use during the show, you need to get it to John
before the show or at 8am on Sept 6 at the show. The sponsors don't want people
bringing in layouts during the show (their rules, not ours).
3) You don't have to let us know when you will be there...it will be "first come, first
get to run" with a 2 hour time limit (if there are others waiting to run their trains, you
will need to take a break)...our rules, not theirs! John will do all the scheduling of
layout use at the show.
4) After the show, John will take all the layouts...you can either be there on Sunday to
pick them up, or make arrangements with John to pick up your layouts later.
5) No layouts bigger than 2' X 4' please. We will provide a table, chairs, and power.
6) If you don't have a layout but want to run your trains, just bring them and you can
run them on one of the members layouts.
Hope to see a lot of you there on one of the two days. This is not a big show, nor is it
widely publicized. This should be just a fun time to run our trains. In October, we
will be showing at the Maple Valley show in WA and hope to have a lot more people
the trains and we plan to have a bigger area for our members non-module layouts.
For further info and any questions, contact John Barrett...home phone: 425-644-
BTW, I have some of the photos we have taken and the movie I made at Monroe on my
WEB site at
- Next post in topic >>