1561Re: [z_scale] More thoughts on Z-scale Hood Units

  • Dan MacKellar
    Jul 10, 2000
      Thanks for the info Don

      Well, my friend owns his own resin casting business (Sylvan Scale Models)
      Like I said, I'll look into getting prices. Currently, he only does N and
      HO kits, but he expressed interest in Z scale shells if I could get the
      patterns. Perhaps one of our brass people can help in this regard? I'd be
      interested in even doing dummies as long as they can be powered at a future
      date. As far as a modern GP goes, might I suggest the GP35 due to the flat
      roofline. The vote seems to be set for a GP7/9, Modern GP and a SW7/1200.

      Doing an etched brass master would be the first order of business, and
      exactly how detailed would we want it? Rivets are almost out of the
      question, but hood doors could be cast in. I'm seriously interested in
      doing this, as are a number of others. I'll get back to the group with
      quotes on shell prices tonight.

      Regards,
      Dan MacKellar