15199RE: [z_scale] Automated Pantographs

  • Robert Allbritton
    Jul 8, 2003
      Danny,

      This is a commercial product of a project I have been working on for some
      time: using "Muscle Wire" technology to raise and lower pantographs. I got
      it to work unreliably in a dining car, which has considerably more room to
      work with than a locomotive! These guys have set December as their target
      launch date.

      I own one of their Movie Train cameras - it is the best thing going for Z in
      video by far, but it is *expensive* I would expect the pantographs to be
      expensive too!

      On the other hand, it is a damn good show! Always leave it to the Japanese
      when it comes to miniaturization....

      Best,
      -Rob
      www.z220.com