15170Re: [z_scale] Re: First Post

  • ted_lamar@peoplesoft.com
    Jul 1 8:44 AM
      It is suitable...but you will have a glowing building...

      make sure you can adjust the voltage to the bulb, as mentioned previously,
      maybe by dedicating a cheap trafo to just the 8950's.....

      "Bob B"
      <bbyrne@bigpond.n To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      et.au> cc:
      Subject: Re: [z_scale] Re: First Post
      07/01/2003 07:41
      AM
      Please respond to
      z_scale

      Hello Frank,

      > A nice touch by Vollmer and I am sure anyone can custom
      > create such a light shield for any building.
      >
      > Also, Vollmer offers a lower-cost alternative to Marklin's
      > 8950 light.

      I'm glad you mentioned the 8950 as it is on my shopping list.
      I've built a Marklin 8970 Wintersdorf Station and didn't even notice
      it had a hole in the base for the 8950. Of course now it is completed
      I can't get access to the interior to "seal" it if required.
      Is the 8950 in fact suitable for such a small building or would the
      Vollmer alternative be better?

      --
      Regards, Bob