14746Re: challenge anyone

  • conrailray
    Jun 5, 2003
      The question posted of building a 90 degree crossing rasied my
      curiosity, so I gave it a go. I made the bulk of the crossing in
      only about 1/2 hour, using Micro-Trains track by soldering the rail
      to some pc tie strips. The "bulk" means the main "t" section. I'm
      having a hoot of a time trying to get the 4 small cross rails
      soldered in place perfectly lined up with the rest of the "t". I
      think I may end up glueing them in, and running some small feeders.
      I'm also thinking about adding guard rails, which should help
      strengthen my above problem and add some realism to the track.

      When I get around to finishing this thing, I'll keep ya posted.

      -Ray

      btw, I built a version of the Gulf Summit Lines in N scale about 10
      years ago. Pretty fun little layout. I incorporated some of the
      layouts features into my newer ad hoc layout.

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, joel <omg_joel@y...> wrote:
      > Hi David. The layout I would love to build is in an Atlas "n"
      scale layout book called nine "n" scale
      > layouts and is called the Gulf Summit Lines. Surely someone out
      there in Z land knows how to make them, and hopefully has a little
      more time than I do. I'll let you know if there are takers
      Regards joel
      > David George <dlgeorgesr@y...> wrote:Joel,
      >
      > I hope someone answers your challenge. Years ago I posed this same
      request ( smaller group ) and got no takers. I too, would pay for 4
      or more--90 degree crossings so I can complete a design that's been
      percolating in my head for a long time.

      > David G. "G~B&CC RR"
      >

      > joel <omg_joel@y...> wrote:
      > Who out there in Z land wants to make 4 only 90 degree
      crossings . How much would you want for them Can.or US dollars, and
      when will they be ready.? That ought to get your mind off the
      cancellation of the show in Toronto. Regards Joel.

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >
      > "Z" WARNING! HANDLE WITH CARE! Highly addictive in
      Small DoseZ!

      Service.