14621Re: [z_scale] Re: Back in the game and confused [as usual]

  • Roy Stevens
    May 31, 2003
      Ok, when you're talking hundreths of amps, the answer is NO. My response
      is, I don't need to. The meters are analog, which I prefer to digital to
      visually see dynamic fluctuations, which are a good indication of certain
      problems, and the difference in hundreths of amps between locos is
      irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, but when an 8800 mechanism starts
      pulling nearly an amp unloaded, it's time to start looking for problems.
      I agree with one response that if you have a layout with DC block control,
      it's much better to build meters into the panel, but my layout is DCC and I
      use the power pack on any of the three workbenches or with one of the two
      display layouts.

      Roy