12835Re: [z_scale] Flexible Track vs Sectional Track

  • Emil Walerko
    Feb 5, 2003
      Each have their advantages. Keep in mind that over
      the past several years, the prototype railroads have
      been welding their rail and eliminating joints. In
      our case the less joints, the better will be the
      electrical contact. With Z scale, the voltage is
      lower than the larger scales so continuity is even
      more important. When it comes to areas with multiple
      turnouts, ideally the less joints the better
      alignment, but I find that I will use more sectional
      in freight yard approaches. Short sections will be
      needed to align all the turnouts so that the yard
      tracks line up into neat parallel sections.
      --- "jameshnicholson <jhnicholson@...>"
      <jhnicholson@...> wrote:
      > This may be have been covered before and I'm just
      > too dense to find
      > it. As I approach the day of actually laying track I
      > find I have a
      > goodly supply of both flexible track (PIKO)and
      > sectional track
      > (Marklin). It would seem to me that the flexible
      > track, having fewer
      > joints (read potential problems) and allowing more
      > realistic track
      > alignments would be the better choice. Has this been
      > your experience?
      > Are there specific places where sectional is better?
      > I'd really appreciate input since I want this layout
      > to run very very
      > well. As opposed to some of my previous efforts.
      > Regards,
      > James

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic