12734Re: Need Info: Märklin set #8101

  • beavis6664 <beavis281@hotmail.com>
    Feb 1, 2003
      Chester, thanks for the information, I was trying to figure out what
      prototype it was. What about scarcity? Is 5 years a long production
      run for an item? Also, being so old is it rare or is it a fairly
      common item for its age? I managed to get it for 100 bucks off of
      ebay and was wondering if I got a good deal on it?
      Thanks,
      Jordon

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Christer Holm <cvf828j@t...>"
      <cvf828j@t...> wrote:
      > Hi Jordon LaGrone
      >
      > The Trainset 8101 was made in 5 years between 1978- 1982 and
      include

      > One Electric Express Locomotive Type BR 111 of the German Federal
      > Railroad (DB).
      > One Commuter Car Type Bnb 719 second class of the German Federal
      > Railroad (DB).
      > One Commuter Car Type ABnrzb 704 first and second class of the
      German
      > Federal Railroad (DB).
      > One Commuter Car with Baggage Compartment and Engineer's Cab Type
      > BDnf 735 second class
      > of the German Federal Railroad (DB).
      >
      > Hope this help
      >
      > Christer Holm, Sweden
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "beavis6664 <beavis281@h...>"
      > <beavis281@h...> wrote:
      > > Hi, newbie here. Not new to model railroading, but new to Z
      scale,
      > > because HO is way too big for my college dorm.
      > >
      > > I purchased this set #8101 off of Ebay about a week ago, and I
      know
      > > almost nothing about it. I know the engine is different than most
      > > other Märklin class 111 electric locomotives, because it has
      > > white/red directional lights in one end of the locomotive, and
      also
      > > red/white lights in the tail car. I had read somewhere on the
      > > internet that the set was produced in the early 80s (which I
      don't
      > > doubt because the box has lots of shelf wear, and the locomotive
      > > didn't run very well til I cleaned it out and oiled it), but that
      > is
      > > all I know about it. If anyone has any information about what I
      > just
      > > purchased it would be very much appreciated.
      > >
      > > Jordon LaGrone
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic