12730Re: Need Info: Märklin set #8101

  • Christer Holm <cvf828j@tninet.se>
    Feb 1, 2003
      Hi Jordon LaGrone

      The Trainset 8101 was made in 5 years between 1978- 1982 and include

      One Electric Express Locomotive Type BR 111 of the German Federal
      Railroad (DB).
      One Commuter Car Type Bnb 719 second class of the German Federal
      Railroad (DB).
      One Commuter Car Type ABnrzb 704 first and second class of the German
      Federal Railroad (DB).
      One Commuter Car with Baggage Compartment and Engineer's Cab Type
      BDnf 735 second class
      of the German Federal Railroad (DB).

      Hope this help

      Christer Holm, Sweden

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "beavis6664 <beavis281@h...>"
      <beavis281@h...> wrote:
      > Hi, newbie here. Not new to model railroading, but new to Z scale,
      > because HO is way too big for my college dorm.
      >
      > I purchased this set #8101 off of Ebay about a week ago, and I know
      > almost nothing about it. I know the engine is different than most
      > other Märklin class 111 electric locomotives, because it has
      > white/red directional lights in one end of the locomotive, and also
      > red/white lights in the tail car. I had read somewhere on the
      > internet that the set was produced in the early 80s (which I don't
      > doubt because the box has lots of shelf wear, and the locomotive
      > didn't run very well til I cleaned it out and oiled it), but that
      is
      > all I know about it. If anyone has any information about what I
      just
      > purchased it would be very much appreciated.
      >
      > Jordon LaGrone
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic