12728Need Info: Märklin set #8101

  • beavis6664 <beavis281@hotmail.com>
    Jan 31, 2003
      Hi, newbie here. Not new to model railroading, but new to Z scale,
      because HO is way too big for my college dorm.

      I purchased this set #8101 off of Ebay about a week ago, and I know
      almost nothing about it. I know the engine is different than most
      other Märklin class 111 electric locomotives, because it has
      white/red directional lights in one end of the locomotive, and also
      red/white lights in the tail car. I had read somewhere on the
      internet that the set was produced in the early 80s (which I don't
      doubt because the box has lots of shelf wear, and the locomotive
      didn't run very well til I cleaned it out and oiled it), but that is
      all I know about it. If anyone has any information about what I just
      purchased it would be very much appreciated.

      Jordon LaGrone
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic