1159Re: [z_scale] I'm still waiting. attn: Bill Hoshiko

  • Ole Rosted
    Mar 13, 2000
      On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:54:41 -0800, you wrote:

      Hello Bill,

      >From: Bill Hoshiko <billhko@...>

      >If you don't mind another suggestion.

      I'm always open for suggestions - in fact I need them!

      >Please take yourself away from your computer.

      I know. I'm spending so much time here in front of my computer,
      that I haven't got time for building in the real world. I'm gonna
      change that.

      >Make an oval of track to run your trains. Add a siding with switches at
      >both ends so that you can park one train while operating another.

      In fact - this is what I have. My little oval was used to check my MT
      couplers' abilities.

      What I meant by saying that I wanted a temporary lay-out was something
      a little more sophisticated.

      But that idea is already dead and burried. I will NOT run on Marklin
      tracks ever again. Except for testing couplers etc.

      I will wait until my handlaid tracks are ready :-( (= no trains
      running in the foreseable future)

      >Run all of your equipment on this test track. If you can operate every
      >piece of equipment on this track, forward and reverse, through the
      >switches, at any speed, and you do not have any derailments, you will
      >have learned much about laying track.

      All I learned from this is, that Marklin cannot make tracks. Not only
      are they UGLY they are useless as well. My double-slip derails trans
      at every given occasion, my ordinary turn-outs are nothing but dead

      It was my hope, that homemade code 40 tracks would alleviate the
      problems. I believe in this, but I'm beginning to doubt my skills in
      making the tracks. But I will succeed - sooner or (as it seems) later

      Thank you for your support!

      regards Ole Rosted, Denmark
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic